Friday, July 09, 2010

I think I'll do a bit of a Friday afternoon roundup

The good:
Two years ago, DARPA set a goal of creating a self-contained, synthetic platform that can cultivate red blood cells that can stand up to the violent demands of the battlefield. Through the process of "pharming," or genetically engineering an organism to generate large quantities of a useful substance, the DoD's R&D arm was hoping to end blood shortages on the battlefield for good.

A company awarded nearly $2 million to develop this genetically engineered blood product has shipped off the first shipment to the FDA, hoping the regulators will approve it for use in trauma wards everywhere. The biotech company, Arteriocyte, can turn an umbilical cord into 20 units of blood in about three days at a cost of about $5,000 per unit. That's a bit steep, but if the FDA approves the blood product and the company is able to scale the production method, fake blood could be the real deal
.


The bad:
Notice, too, how Obama habitually refers to Cabinet members and other high government officials as "my" -- "my secretary of homeland security," "my national security team," "my ambassador." The more normal -- and respectful -- usage is to say "the," as in "the secretary of state." These are, after all, public officials sworn to serve the nation and the Constitution -- not just the man who appointed them.

It's a stylistic detail, but quite revealing of Obama's exalted view of himself. Not surprising, perhaps, in a man whose major achievement before acceding to the presidency was writing two biographies -- both about himself.

Obama is not the first president with a large streak of narcissism. But the others had equally expansive feelings about their country. Obama's modesty about America would be more understandable if he treated himself with the same reserve. What is odd is to have a president so convinced of his own magnificence -- yet not of his own country's.

And the really ugly:
In 2006, we at Hot Air covered Shabazz’s jihad-pandering protest and call to arms at the Danish embassy in Washington, D.C. over the Mohammed Cartoons.

In 2007, Shabazz called me a “whore” on Fox News because I called out his racial hucksterism in the Duke lacrosse fake rape case.

In 2008, I reported on Shabazz’s election day threats to voters and have covered the corruptocrat Obama DOJ’s role in dropping default judgments against the Philly NBPP thugs ever since. In 2009, I reported on the “Colored Only: No Whites Allowed” sign at NBPP defendant Jerry Jackson’s house and the murderous rap propaganda posted by the NBPP Trenton chapter
.
followed by some of Malkin's hate mail:
I saw you on Fox News tonight. Take my advice: GO SIT YOUR BLACK ASS DOWN!!!!!!!!!! As Black as you are, you would be one of the first person’s racially profiled if you went to Arizona.

Willma Harvey


***
from George Dunn
to writemalkin@gmail.com
date Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:06 PM
subject How Does a Dishonest CUNT Like You Exist?
hide details 7:06 PM (3 hours ago)

You are a true pathetic human being. Sad actually.

George Dunn, P.E
.
Please note this:
Update:
George Dunn has asked me to take his company name down (which I did), requested that I take down his e-mail (which I will not), and then sent me an “apology” with this laughable comment: “Still, I stand by my statement that the rhetoric being used on both sides of the aisle has ruined the chance to have an honest political debate in this country.”

Yep, the nutball who called me a “c**t” from his work e-mail is moaning about the lost opportunity to “have an honest political debate in this country.”

Ouch. Ow. Stomach hurting from laughing so hard. Ow.
Ah, liberals; not only are they tending to violence, they're racist shits, aren't they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' that your last question there was retorical?