Friday, April 23, 2010

Well, it seems Rep. Shelton just doesn't want to or won't bother to

answer the questions.

This morning I resent to him, summarizing what I knew of this, and asking
"Which brings me to the question: the amendment, from what I can find, states "any independent military organization that is neither recognized nor authorized by the Commander in Chief of the Militia for the State of Oklahoma."; how are you going to deal with the 'neither recognized nor authorized' when the unorganized militia is specifically recognized by state law?"
and waited.

A while later, the response came:
Is there a question
He either didn't read far enough to get to the question, or over looked it. So I resent,
"Sir, the original question is the amendment, from what I can find, states "any independent military organization that is neither recognized nor authorized by the Commander in Chief of the Militia for the State of Oklahoma."; how are you going to deal with the 'neither recognized nor authorized' when the unorganized militia is specifically recognized by state law?

Second question: this news article I found this morning states "Recruiting membership in an unauthorized militia" would be a crime of itself; is the article correct, or is that a misstatement of your amendment? If it's accurate, then a group would not have to be involved in any criminal activity, as your response day before yesterday indicated, in order to be involved in this."
And thus far, no answer at all.

I can't find the text of the amendment on the state website, either it's not there as yet or the damn thing is hiding.

I just love politicians.

No comments: