Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Arts Festival is running in downtown Oklahoma City, which means

there's a chance of rain through Friday. Which really doesn't mean much; this time of year it can go from 'slight chance' to 'downpour', or 'high chance' to 'nope, no rain' in the space of a few hours. Yesterday it went from '30% chance overnight' to 50% to 20%. Makes planning for some jobs a bit difficult.

Weather done, I'd like(not really, but sort of have to, like looking at an accident) to look at the news this morning. Like the wonderful difference President Barack Hussein Cartman Carter Obama has made in our relations with Iran:
Iran is increasing its paramilitary Qods force operatives in Venezuela while covertly continuing supplies of weapons and explosives to Taliban and other insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to the Pentagon's first report to Congress on Tehran's military.

The report on Iranian military power provides new details on the group known formally as the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF), the Islamist shock troops deployed around the world to advance Iranian interests. The unit is aligned with terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, North Africa and Latin America, and the report warns that U.S. forces are likely to battle the Iranian paramilitaries in the future.
The report provides the first warning in an official U.S. government report about Iranian paramilitary activities in the Western Hemisphere. It also highlights links between Iran and the anti-U.S. government of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who has been accused of backing Marxist terrorists in Colombia

Over in Iceland,
Scientists fear tremors at the Eyjafjallajokull (ay-yah-FYAH-lah-yer-kuhl) volcano could trigger an even more dangerous eruption at the nearby Katla volcano — creating a worst-case scenario for the airline industry and travelers around the globe.

A Katla eruption would be 10 times stronger and shoot higher and larger plumes of ash into the air than its smaller neighbor, which has already brought European air travel to a standstill for five days and promises severe travel delays for days more

Ah, our wonderful media; amazing how docile they've become, isn't it? Almost like they just don't want to report on some things...

Speaking of, Theo has some nice shots of the activity, and one shirt that may be NSFW.

LA Cardinal is jackass, makes idiot statement: no big surprise. Gee, who knew "You can't hire an illegal alien" was what the communists did?

Speaking of illegal aliens, Obama & Co. plan to shove an amnesty bill through next month, and hope to shove Cap & Tax through next week. All with the help of that miserable little shit Lindsey Graham. More commonly known as Lindsey Grahamnesty, a sorry RINO bastard who ought to be tarred and feathered.

A fine piece from Victor Hanson, starting with
Beware of sudden and apparently reasonable “calls for civility.” That pathetic mantra is usually voiced by a liberal administration and its supporters when criticism mounts that they are taking the country too far to the Left — like the Clinton implosion in 1993 or Obama today. I fear “civility” does not mean one should not write novels or produce movies contemplating murdering George Bush — that’s sort of an understandable agitprop art. “Civility” does not mean the New York Times should not give discounts to run ads in wartime like “General Betray Us.” That’s needed dissidence. Civility does not suggest that a Sen. Durbin, or Sen. Kerry, or Sen. Kennedy not use inflammatory language that compares our own troops or personnel to terrorists, Nazis, Pol Pot, Stalinists, or Saddam Hussein’s torturers; that most certainly in not uncivil. And it was certainly not impolite for Rep. Stark to call President Bush a “liar.”

I have carport repairs to make, and I may hit the range while I'm out getting the stuff to do it with. Assuming I can find the stuff.

No comments: