Thursday, November 17, 2022

The torturers have an interesting device

It's a leg-long inflatable sock that they zip over your leg, adding a heating pad or ice pack where/if appropriate before zipping.  It's hooked to a compressor and controller that inflates and deflates it in sections to work different parts of your leg in sequence.

Interesting thing.  Except when you have three minutes to go and things suddenly get real uncomfortable.
"Remember, we can stop it at any time if it gets uncomfortable."
Yeah, either you will or I will.

Still, it does help work things out a bit.  Long session today, and I'm needing to lay down and put the leg up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an interesting device the PT used to decompress my neck to help with a pinched nerve. Laying on a table this thing hooked under my ears and alternately pulled then relaxed for 15 minutes. They gave me emergency off button and left me while it ran. Uncomfortable but at least not painful.
Ed

Firehand said...

Last year, when I had a nasty back problem, the PT suggested that a inversion table might help. I tried one, and damn if I didn't get real fond of it. I wish I had access to it now.

Dan said...

Most practicioners of Physical Therapy are relatives of Torquemada....

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get the ice water recirculator?
Worth their weight in Gold. You can buy it on the Zon or better yet, have your doc write for one.

Chaplain Tim said...

Lymphedema compression leggings, expensive buggers but they keep my wife's leg swelling down. If you do buy a setup for home, check the price/availability of replacement leggings, they won't last forever.

Firehand said...

No, I forgot all about it