Saturday, November 19, 2022

After two almost-full days back at work,

I am tired.  REALLY tired.  I remember from last time, it's still a matter of "It's going to take a while to get back up to speed.  In multiple ways."

 And, just like last time, as the fluids from all the swelling are working out of the tissues, I'm having to pee multiple times per night.  It's not 'I can't pee very much at a time', it's 'By this time I've pissed out enough that my whole damn body should be smaller!'

Be it noted that the hearing aids really help.  When there's a lot of background  noise there's still a problem, but less than used to be, and as a guy put it "I can tell they help, I'm not having to yell at you."

So we'll keep going on and see how it all shakes out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it sucks when your body doesn't work like it did in your twenties.

Firehand said...

I would very happily settle for my 40's or early 50's.

Anonymous said...

Yea, 40s would be good for me too. That’s when you know you’re getting old. 🙃
Ed

SL said...

My return to work after two throat cancer surgeries, 38 radiation treatments and losing 85 pounds in 5 months was pure hell.
Dec. 1st will be a year back, I've put 40 pounds back on but am still exhausted after the work week. I generally rest up on Saturdays and try to catch up with the home fires on Sundays. Definitely wishing for my 40s again. Has not been easy but I'm still kickin'. 👍🏻