Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This answer would make me oppose Sotomayor

no matter what else she had to say. Sen. Coburn(Actual Intelligent Being-OK)* asked her "Do I have the right of self-defense?"

Simple question. And she either couldn't or wouldn't answer it. She hesitated, she delayed, she started talking about 'precedents from court'. He asked "I don't want a legal opinion, I want your personal opinion, do I have the right of self-defense? And she sounded like she either couldn't understand the question- very doubtful- or was afraid to answer it- very likely. She actually said that it was "...an abstract question with no particular meaning to me."

What the HELL is 'abstract' about "Do I have the right of self-defense?" The only reason I can think of for her not to answer is she thinks the answer is "No" and doesn't have the balls or the integrity to answer it. She wants to be the second Latino, and the first Latino woman on the court and she'll fake and fudge and lie to get it. Which means she's got no damn business in ANY court as a judge.


*Yes, I'm still pissed about his vote on the Pork, Payoffs and Bribes Bailout Bill, but overall he's an honest man of actual conservative beliefs.

No comments: