Sunday, July 12, 2009

I have a question for folks out there

I've written of the Colt Model M in .32 I fired, and the .380 I found. Digging around, I noticed that the later types, like my .380, have the barrel bushing made as part of the barrel; but the early types had a separate bushing.

So, I'm wondering, in the early types did you push the recoil spring plug back and then turn the bushing to take it out? Did it screw in? Which way did it turn? Anybody know?

I ask because after a lot of searching, EVERY SINGLE REFERENCE to takedown on these is for the later models with the integral bushing, and it bugs hell out of me that I can't find it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/1903C/1903c.html


"The barrel may be removed from the early guns (with barrel bushing) by turning the barrel back to its normal position and twisting the bushing a half turn, allowing both to be removed from the front of the slide. The barrel may be removed from later guns by turning the barrel back to its normal position and withdrawing it from the front of the slide."

Firehand said...

Thank you, that's a site I hadn't heard of and hadn't found.

Three things come to mind:
1. Thought it might be like that.
2. No real doubt where Mr. Tokarev stole his design from.
3. "Why Mr. Tokarev, you don't look Mormon..."