Monday, November 24, 2008

Who're the rubes?

Insty had some stuff on the various people mad at Barack I'm Number One Obama for either hinting at or flat saying he won't do what he promised, and had this link on the subject. Althouse basically says "I think his flip-flops make him better, so should I be mad he lied before? Or just didn't keep the promises?"

I have to say, this annoys me. This is the lady who once wrote, after a particularly blatant lie, that 'You shouldn't like to openly, it makes it hard to keep faith with you', which makes me think she'd forgive him almost anything. Including looking her in the face and lying, over and over. The flip-flops? "Oh, he had to say those things earlier, and now I think his positions are better since he's shown himself to have lied to us before." Well, he was lying to you then, or he's lying to you now, maybe both. We all know that old joke: "How do you know he's lying? His lips are moving." Perfect example, courtesy of The Obama. And that people keep excusing this crap is part of why we're in the hold we're in.

No comments: