Wednesday, August 12, 2026

X can be a pain

Now, if I'm not signed in, a lot of links won't show.  Have to work around that crap, like showing the part of a post I can copy

and give you a link if you use them.

Or, maybe my browser doesn't work with it anymore.  I don't know.


Mind you, some things are "Who cares?", though the point is made "She thinks being with a white guy may count against her."  Which wouldn't surprise me.


El-Sayed, up in Michigan, has the proper socialist "That right is for the States, not the individual" crap on his mind.  No wonder the Democrats like him.


Yeah, this time of year that vent was rather nice.


Madam Hoyt had a link to this.  I may have to spend some time looking at her other stuff.
...But I thought we had at least reached a broad cultural agreement: YOUR SKIN COLOR DOES NOT DETERMINE YOUR VALUE AS A HUMAN BEING.

This was one of those concepts I thought we could safely move into the “DONE” column. Apparently somebody reopened the ticket. Every so often I encounter someone online who is not merely saying something I disagree with about taxes or immigration or DEI initiatives or policing or any of the other 14 billion subjects on which people can disagree.

I’m talking about actual racist garbage. The genuine article. The belief that race itself determines intelligence, character, worth, civilization, morality, or where somebody belongs in the human pecking order. And then I look at the followers, and then I see people I know.

Mutuals. People I’ve talked to for years. People I thought were friends. And, yes, that bothers me. I would hope I don’t have to write a 1,000-word philosophical treatise explaining why. If somebody is comfortable talking about how people with my skin color are inherently stupid, inferior, violent, uncivilized, or otherwise defective, and you apparently find this person interesting enough that you want their thoughts delivered directly to your electronic breakfast table every morning, I am going to have some questions.



And how, I have PT to attend.  And a few other things after that.  Busy day.

No comments: