Thursday, July 18, 2013

There's a site called The Good Men Project

Occasionally some good stuff, but you get LOTS of crap, too.

Cases in point: two pieces on the Martin/Zimmerman case. One is titled "If you're scared enough, you can get away with killing", which is followed by the line George Zimmerman is not guilty because the jury decided that black kids are scary.

Which is one of the most idiotic things I've heard in a while.  Which is saying something.

There's another piece titled 'Zimmerman Not Guilty?  What Next For Black Men?' that boils down to "Black men are second-class in this racist society, nobody cares about their deaths", all the usual crap.  I'm going to borrow two bits from it:
Right now, I simply want to say, “I’m sorry” to the Martin family. I’m sorry that you will not be able to see your son grow up to become the man you hoped he would be. I’m sorry that you had to endure the frustration, pain and humiliation of a trial that should not have been about your son, but about the man who took your son from you. I’m so sorry the system failed you, and my prayer is that you eventually get to a place of inner peace that comforts you and allows you to move on. My thoughts and prayers will always be with you.
♦◊♦
I’m deeply saddened by the fact that millions of young black males around the globe will now feel invalidated, disrespected and expendable—that their lives don’t matter. Too many of them will surrender to the implied message that they don’t count, and therefore they will submit to the negative media-generated stereotypes of gangstas and hoodlums.
With both these clowns: the trial doesn't matter, the facts don't matter, it's all about race, it's all about- well, hell, you already know the list.

Do you have any idea how really, truly sick I am of these clowns?

1 comment:

Keith said...

Look the other way, that's where the disgusting stuff's happening, while the plebs backs are turned, and the official media have an excuse for not looking and asking.