Wednesday, June 20, 2012

'What the hell is wrong with NBC?' Well,

they're corrupt and in the tank, that's what. And going down the toilet because of it.


Eric Holder: "I offered to give them what I want, and they turned it down! They're just after me for political reasons!" Well, if you include 'the AG has to obey the law like everyone else' as a political reason, then yes they are. You corrupt bastard.
“The attorney general wants to trade a briefing and the promise of delivering some small, unspecified set of documents tomorrow for a free pass today,” said Grassley in a statement after the meeting. “That’s unacceptable. I’m not going to buy a pig in a poke.”
And shouldn't.
Holder emerged from the meeting considerably later, and accused Issa of being consumed with “political gamesmanship.”

Holder said he offered to make documents Issa has requested available to the chairman on the condition that the powerful Republican drop the two outstanding subpoenas he has issued to the department. The documents Issa wants are related to the panel’s 16-month investigation of the failed Fast and Furious gun-tracking operation.

Holder said Issa rejected that offer and demanded that Holder fork over the documents to his committee, while offering no assurances that he would drop the contempt vote scheduled for 10 a.m. on Wednesday or consider the subpoenas satisfied
.
"I'll make SOME documents(those I choose) available to you, and you'll stop bothering me. And you'll drop the subpoenas I'm in violation of and go away. Deal?"
I'd imagine, after the e-mails Issa got hold of and the word of two DoJ people asking for whistleblower protection, Holder's probably ready to crap his pants over the idea of handing over ANYTHING; Issa probably has not only proof that Holder & Co. already lied under oath, but has the stuff to say "Well, these documents are all very nice but where are the ones THIS e-mail and THIS document refer to?" As to Holder's offer, from NLOGAM,
“I had hoped that after this evening’s meeting I would be able to tell you that the Department had delivered documents that would justify the postponement of tomorrow’s vote on contempt. The Department told the Committee on Thursday that it had documents it could produce that would answer our questions. Today, the Attorney General informed us that the Department would not be producing those documents. The only offer they made involved us ending our investigation.

“While I still hope the Department will reconsider its decision so tomorrow’s vote can be postponed, after this meeting I cannot say that I am optimistic. At this point, we simply do not have the documents we have repeatedly said we need to justify the postponement of a contempt vote in committee.”

No comments: