Saturday, April 17, 2010

It started raining here yesterday morning and has had only slight pauses since

which served to keep me in the house and make me actually do the cleaning and such I'd needed to. Including processing a bunch of brass I'd tumbled and had ready; some from the past while, some from the range trip the other day.

Speaking of range, I took the Martini 12/15 for the first time in a while, which reminded me of why I like it so much: iron sights at 50 yards with Eley Sport ammo, twenty shots made one big ragged hole less than an inch across(not counting a couple of flyers; ammo or me, not the rifle). I do need to work on my prone shooting, I tend to spread shots laterally a bit.

The 15-22 got a workout. I took the scope I'd had on the previous one and mounted and zeroed it. The thing's quite accurate, but I need higher rings; extra-high still has me mashing my cheek into the stock. Speaking of which, while looking for extra-extra-high rings without much success(without spending more than I can), I remembered Amazon has been carrying a lot of shooting stuff so I took a look there. Damn. Set of VERY tall rings on their way, $8 including shipping.

Fired the 15-22 with Centurion solids, Federal Lightning(the old stuff I found), Eley Sport, Federal 36-grain hp and some Federal Auto Match; no misfeeds, misfires or anything else. All shot well, and I could've had tighter groups if I hadn't been straining to keep my eye aligned with the scope.

By the way best comment of all on Bill Clinton's "The teabaggers are Tim McVeigh in waiting" slander the other day:
I did not have sexual relations with that man, Timothy McVeigh.

No comments: