Thursday, March 18, 2010

At this point, if I swung that way, I'd want to have Coburn's kids

He's announced that any politician who changes from a 'no' to a 'yes' vote on the Obamacare bill, who retires from/loses his seat and gets appointed to something that has to go through the Senate? He's already told his staff to place a hold on ANY such nomination/appointment.

Link to follow soon as I can find one; he's about to be interviewed on KTOK radio.

Added: here it is, and it's even better than I'd heard:
If you voted no, and you vote yes, and you lose your election, and you think any nomination to a federal post isn’t going to be held up in the Senate, I’ve got news for you. It’s going to be held.

Nymber two is, if you get a parochial deal for you or your district, I’ve already instructed my staff that we will look at every appropriations bill, and we will associate that with the buying of your vote. I want to tell you that your deal isn’t going to happen.

And be prepared to defend selling your vote
.”

No comments: