Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Took the Colt for a walk

and ran a box of ball and a magazine of hollowpoints through it. Just like shooting the .32 the friend has, with a bit sharper recoil. It ate it all, and out to about five yards(far as I shot it; it IS a pocket pistol) showed itself as capable of better accuracy than I am. At least with those sights. It's a good thing this points as well as it does; with those tiny things, aiming in anything but perfect light is as much guess as skill.

I will get a set of repro grips; these don't fit the frame quite right, and tend to shift in the hand a bit. Tam pointed to Brownell's as a source, and I'll check around a bit just to see what's out there.

Overall, quite happy with this piece. And still half-unbelieving of how it wound up in my care.

No comments: