Sunday, August 21, 2011

A moment of realization

I’m going to have to admit to a certain bit of dumbassery here. Couple of days ago I was listening to something on radio while doing laundry, and they made some mention of Obama’s past associations making him a bad person to be calling other people terrorists and hostage-takers and such, which made me think of his good friends Ayers and Dohrn. And for some reason that brought up the thought someone expressed long ago that ‘the difference between them and us is we mostly just want to be left alone’.

Know that feeling when something really hits you? I mean, you knew it before, intellectually, but you didn’t really KNOW it inside, and then that realization hits you, almost like being punched in the gut?

THEY CANNOT LEAVE US ALONE. Not that they choose not to, they CAN’T. They really are the True Believers, and if they leave us alone we won’t do what they’ve decided is best for us. Or, to put it more properly, what they’ve decided is best for the world, and those of us who won’t go along, well,

“You will be reeducated into the proper way of thinking, or we will kill you.”

THAT is their true belief of what needs to be done. And so they cannot leave us- or anyone else- alone. Not in our private lives, not in our food, not in our political beliefs, how we raise children or pets or anything else. They have to control what we own, how we use it, when and how much we use it. They have to control what we say lest we say something unapproved, they have to control what goes in books lest we read or write something improper, they have to change our records of history so they can control, as much as they can, our past(“We’re going to have to make sacrifices, we’re going to have to change our conversation, we’re going to have to change our traditions, our history and we’re going to have to move to a different place.”). Because our past isn't what they want it to have been, and if we actually pay attention to it we won't get the lessons they WANT us to.

Same as when I fully realized what the 'gun control' movement wanted: scared hell out of me, and then pissed me off bigtime.

Yeah, I should have known this down in my gut before; I do now.

8 comments:

Rev. Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rev. Paul said...

It's pretty scary how warped these people actually are. But at least you're seeing the problem for what it is.

Anonymous said...

You experienced what I like to call an epiphany, curious little jolts of wisdom you have always known, but were unaware of.
Most of them don't even realize they are driven like a bitch in heat, they just can't help themselves.

Anonymous said...

What I can't figure out is...this has been going on for generations of busybodies. How in the world can an idea so odious continue down the time line of history?!!?!?

Is this the way the antichrist will slither his way into our souls?

Steve

Firehand said...

Like Kevin at Smallest Minority says: they believe- BELIEVE- that it just 'wasn't done right' or 'wasn't done ENOUGH' before; and so, if they do it harder and more, THIS time it'll work and unicorns will crap gold on your front lawn and all will be wonderful...

BobG said...

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
- H. L. Mencken

FreeRoy said...

Hey guys, I don't know who this fellow is, but he's identified as an undercover agent. I'd strongly suggest that you take what he says with several grains -- maybe a whole shaker-full -- of salt. Without knowing a lot more about his reliability, I'd treat what he says with the same respect that I would the testimony of any other member of a group who's been shown repeatedly to lie under oath.

Now, I was peripherally involved with The Movements back around 1969. I only dealt with hardcore Weather Underground people a couple of times, and there were indeed a couple of them who struck me as bat-shit crazy, but that's only a few people. I'd suggest that if indeed he heard any such discussion as he described, he also heard more people saying what a crazy idea it was.

I'm not going to try to disprove his story; too many other things to do. I do, however, urge you to use your innate skepticism when considering it. BTW, no, I'm not a leftist. I'm a veteran, a Libertarian, and I work for gun-owners' rights.

Firehand said...

Roy, the problem with that is that what he says fits right in with other things the Weathermen- including Ayers & Dohrn- said then and in the years since. Including Ayers saying he only wishes they'd done more bombings and other actions.