Thursday, September 17, 2026

Two things to bitch about tonight

First, remember the show Frazier?  It ran into the standard "It went on for about two years too long" problem for successful shows, but I liked it.  And a name he mentioned, in his "I went to Harvard, so you should pay attention!" bits on a couple of shows mentioned a guy name Michel Foucault as a Prominent Philosopher.  Which I didn't really care about, until I saw some background, after which I wondered(at the time I didn't realize just what asshats academics and philosopher types could be*) why the hell this guy was looked up to.  

Then the other day saw a link to a more full background, which includes the bastard being a child rapist.  Which still leaves "Why does ANYONE give the shithead respect?"


The other is a clown called Macklemore, who doesn't like Jews and various other non-progressive-approved people and took part of his act at a show to spout off.  Which got him uninvited to come back, he's been shrieking "CENSORSHIP!", with some other acts running off to kiss his ass.  It has, however, in this case bitten him  in the ass, and hopefully the ass of every one of the "We can say what we want, you're not allowed to have a problem with it!" ass-kissers.

I do hope this follows them for quite a while; bastards have earned it.


*In the 'SPQR' novels, set in the late years of the Roman Republic, the main character once observed that most philosophers would be better used doing something useful, like herding geese.  

1 comment:

Polimath said...

Garth Brooks also shit the bed with his comment to his fan base calling them stupid assholes.
Unfortunately these guys have enough cash to sit out the rest of their years.