I haven't seen such a recklessly steered case since the McMartin family was sent to prison based on emotion and politics instead of logic, reason, and evidence. And now, finally, a Minnesota judge will mete out a little justice in the case of Derek Chauvin, the cop who is alleged to have purposely killed George Floyd.
Former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin says that the charges against him were "illegal" and that his trial was a "fraud." The now-imprisoned cop and his lawyer are calling for the verdict to be thrown out because of civil rights violations so severe that the trial became a "one-year-long due process violation."
We'll see.
I'll throw in that during that original mess I forgot the first rule: DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA. And I should have remembered on just about everything they put out, which was largely crap. I haven't forgotten that since. I still had, then, a certain trust that "On something like that, they wouldn't lie and leave important stuff out this badly!"; no more.
No comments:
Post a Comment