Thursday, June 24, 2021

One of the problems currently dealing with

is that although I haven't had any food problems, I'm being oversensitive about "Should I eat this?  Will this make me puke?" concerns.  Having spent a week out of the last three in a hospital with this mess, can't help myself.

There's also the fact that I'm limited as to how much time/doing what I can spend on my feet, but- being "I want to get this crap done"- I tend to push it.  Which led to this conversation while getting a little mowing done this morning:
Me: I've gotten this much, I wonder if I could get the rest?
Inner Me: Don't try it,  you need to stop here, put this crap away, and go sit.
Me: But I'm doing fine so far!
Inner Me: Did you like hospital food that much?
No, I did not.  I went back inside.

Be it noted that that hospital went back & forth between extremes: "You call this food?" to "This is acceptable."  I wasn't on any restrictions, so one day when both lunch and dinner were awful daughter was good enough to get me a sandwich.  Happily, a number of good places close by.

Right now the regular doc is doing some digging and trying to figure out a part of this, and I see him again tomorrow for a catch-up.

Good thing: I have time at home where I have to stay inside.
Bad thing: I'm just fuzzy enough from all this that things like reloading are off the table.  I could sort brass and such(that was already done), but actually putting ammo together... not just yet.

Speaking of, I'd been hearing that ammo was starting to show back up on the shelves, I wonder if President Gropey spouting that crap last night has already short-circuited that?

1 comment:

Beans said...

I have cooked and supplied food for my wife for the last 4 visits she's gone.

One time the food was so bad at the hospital that she couldn't eat it. And she was in for a month from a doctor-acquired infection. Her health got so bad and her protein levels got so low her Doc sent her home to either live or die. I had her protein levels back to normal in 4 days. That's when I started providing all her meals.

Bastards will charge you for some of the worst food available. How do I know? Her service dog refused to eat most of it. So bad a dog wouldn't touch it. And yet that's what they serve to sick people to make them better.