Friday, August 09, 2013

I started to write "The level of stupid in this is painful",

but I really can't tell if it's stupidity, or malign intent.
The city of Oakland, California now wants to ban any object that could be used as a "tool of vandalism," including hammers, wrenches, slingshots, shields and presumably anything else with a blunt edge such as garden rakes or sticks.
...
The city claims these objects will be illegal to possess during a "protest," but a protest can be defined as any two people standing around, or walking down a street, or even just talking loudly. There is no official definition of a "protest," meaning the police can invoke the ordinance any time they wish. That's how these laws always go: they get interpreted and deployed far beyond their original intent.


Speaking of abuse of authority,
5 Apologies to the Cops Who Beat Me Up for No Reason
which includes
...You explained that you had received a domestic abuse 911 call from our apartment landline despite the fact that we have neither a phone nor a landline from which to call....
I think I'd want some explanations of this crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" I started to write "The level of stupid in this is painful",
but I really can't tell if it's stupidity, or malign intent."

Can't remember where I saw this*, but: "Stupid, Hoss. Every time. Only so many blackhearted villains in the world, and they only get uppity on occasion. Stupid's everywhere, every day."

*ok, so I lied.