Thursday, January 06, 2011

One of the benefits of having the part-time job turn

into a full-time for the past month was I was able to buy the new seat for the bike as my Christmas present to myself; got a Sargent when I found it on sale(the economy makes some things more affordable while screwing you in everything else). Today was the first time I've been able to ride for more than a few miles, and the difference between this and the factory seat is incredible.

Same thing on the Vulcan I used to own. I made my first trip on it(Dallas) and by the time I got back swore there wouldn't be another until it had a better saddle; I swear the bastard who designed the factory seat didn't like the customers. That bike got a Mustang, and it was wonderful; better designed, better padding.

Kind of amazing: someone makes a really nice bike and sticks a piece of crap on it for the rider to sit on. Bad idea, guys.

No comments: