Wednesday, January 05, 2011

On the Wikileaks stuff,

I didn't see any legitimate way for us to prosecute him; foreign national, was not in the US, etc.(Manning, on the other hand, we can legitimately hang). There may be some kind of espionage law that can be used against him, but I don't know enough on the subject to say.

On the other side, I can definitely say Assange is a vile piece of dog vomit who was so busy playing games and pretending to be someone important that he couldn't take the time to, say, redact names and such that would get people killed. Or, more likely, he didn't care. "Not my problem, and I'm getting the publicity I want!" For example:
And so, where Mugabe's strong-arming, torture and assassination attempts have failed to eliminate the leading figure of Zimbabwe's democratic opposition, WikiLeaks may yet succeed. Twenty years of sacrifice and suffering by Tsvangirai all for naught, as WikiLeaks risks "collateral murder" in the name of transparency.

Oh, and let's not forget 'journalists' like the NYE' Times who've had no problem publishing all his releases(but wouldn't publish any of the CRU e-mails because 'they were wrongly obtained).

No comments: