Friday, January 07, 2011

A weather scare sequence

Week or so back the "Nasty horrible arctic cold coming! Be warned!! Be scared!!!" stuff started. Which is my signal to 'ignore local weather weenies for a while* and check other sources'. So I did, and checked further as it approaches. It went from the above-mentioned "YOU MAY DIE!! IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO US!" to "It'll get pretty cold for a few days, be some snow in some areas so be ready if you have to travel in it." At least what I've found from the NWS and such; I still haven't gone back to listening to the local people; in severe thunderstorm conditions they're pretty good(though still doing some "We need to scare you" stuff, but in winter they can be a pain in the ass.


*Yes, I do make some preparations this time of year, just to be safe, but I refuse to listen to the crap they throw out.

No comments: