Monday, October 30, 2006

Well, I'm back

The last two times I planned on going to Texas to visit folks, something came up. This time I made it. Good visit.

I do have to admit that something unplanned happened. As I was nearing Fort Worth, listening to the radio, on came a commercial: there was a gun show this weekend.

(Aside: I can't help myself! I'm an addict. I need HELP, I tell you!!)

Ahem. As I was saying, turned out there was a show down there, so I went on Saturday. If anything, one matter was worse than Tulsa; some people have a very exaggerated idea of the worth of some firearms. On the other hand, I'm now the owner of a Dillon Square Deal 'B' press with dies for .45acp and 9mm. Guy who loads ammo for sale had just gotten a 550 to assist with the 650 he'd had for a short time, and decided the 'B' needed to go. So I got it with a bunch of brass and several hundred cast bullets for a good price. A few other bits & pieces, including the oil bottle I'd meant to pick up at Tulsa but forgot.

Otherwise, some good time with some good people. One of these days I'm going to be going down there at a time when Kim & Family aren't busy getting ready for some business trip, and I'm going to arrange to meet them. Didn't try this time, as I have the impression they're a wee bit busy right now, with the trip to multiple countries coming up and all.

No comments: