Opinions large and small, worth everything you pay for them.
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Just occurred to me, due to a comment on the .300 Blackout,
I ought to mention some bullets for general practice that work nicely and have a good price, the Berry's Plated. I've used the 200 and 220 grain, and they shoot well.
3 comments:
RHT447
said...
Struck up a conversation the other day (in an aisle at Home Depot). 8.6 Blackout came up. I replied, "Do you mean 6.8?" Nope, 8.6. Had to look it up when I got home. Interesting.
"The "fast" twist rate 8.6mm Blackout was intended to create better expansion and more terminal energy transferred to the target through the "blender effect" of a rapidly-spinning subsonic bullet."
Berry's bullets are what I usually get for a lot of my loading. They load pretty good for me as long as I take my time. Impatience is one of my superpowers...
I've read some on the 8.6, interesting cartridge. However, right now, I don't want to start something new in cartridges. Plus finding the stuff for handloading is a bit expensive.
3 comments:
Struck up a conversation the other day (in an aisle at Home Depot). 8.6 Blackout came up. I replied, "Do you mean 6.8?" Nope, 8.6. Had to look it up when I got home. Interesting.
"The "fast" twist rate 8.6mm Blackout was intended to create better expansion and more terminal energy transferred to the target through the "blender effect" of a rapidly-spinning subsonic bullet."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.6mm_Blackout
Berry's bullets are what I usually get for a lot of my loading. They load pretty good for me as long as I take my time. Impatience is one of my superpowers...
I've read some on the 8.6, interesting cartridge. However, right now, I don't want to start something new in cartridges. Plus finding the stuff for handloading is a bit expensive.
But it would be nice to try out.
Post a Comment