Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Once upon a time a company known as Old Spice

made some products many people used.  And then they decided to branch out, and I think there's the problem.

I used to use their Original Scent body wash, for instance.  For years.  And then it disappeared.  Then the Original Scent High Endurance Deodorant went away.  Coincidentally at the same time the 'husbands and wives arguing over who gets to use the Old Spice' got going.  So it appears that, while trying to appeal to ladies, they decided to dump that 'Original Scent' stuff.

Mind you, they've got a bloody pile of new scents with idiot names, so why get rid of the original?  Maybe someone decided their Desired Demographic wasn't into that aroma, or it had connection to old tough guy images(sailors, loggers, etc.) Corporate didn't approve of anymore.

I looked at the company page on Book of Face, and some people did bring up "Why's my favorite gone?", and the response(as I recall, a couple of months ago) was basically "Well, things change, so we had to change, enjoy the new stuff!"

Which makes me wonder how that "Get us a new demographic!" stuff is going.  Personally, I hope it bites them in the ass.

2 comments:

Midwest Chick said...

There is nothing like the scent of original Old Spice. Love it!

Midwest Chick

B.C. said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only who asked "Where the f*ck is the original scent?!?!"

It's not like they had lost market share. The Gen Z, testicleless taint-sniffers just HAD to go for the "Diversity!" crowd to show how woke they are, in the hopes of being invited to all of the coolest Uptown parties.