Saturday, June 29, 2024

Widener's blog has a post on Federal .22 ammo

here.  I can't speak to all of it, there being several of these I've not fired.  Of those I have, I can say this:
They've all gone bang, they've all been at least reasonably accurate for me*, and on the Federal Champion...

I used to own a BSA Martini 12/15 match rifle.  Over time I tried a number of brands in it, and splurged on three or four different boxes of match ammo to try, and the best groupings in it came from Federal Champion(Eley Sport being a very close second).  I actually got groups at or a little less than 1.25" from it at 100 yards when the wind was down and I did my part.  Wonderful stuff.  Apparently that rifle had odd taste for a match rifle, but I loved it.  Kind of wish I still had it.


*'for me' because, despite some of my stories, I'm not going to give Jerry Miculek any sleepless nights.

No comments: