Monday, July 24, 2023

A late addition to a range report

A while back I wrote about some ammo, one was Ammo Incorporated .300 Blackout, 150-grain ball.  Well, I did shoot it at 100, and somehow I've lost the pictures of the groups and my notes.  Best I can tell you is that those very tight 30-yard groups spread out to about 4" at 100 in the same rifle.  Nice round holes so hadn't gone unstable or anything drastic.

Same test I tried a couple of .22 loads, CCI Suppressor, a 45-grain subsonic and some Federal American Eagle subsonic .45-grain.  Yes, I lost those pictures and notes, too.  I had a wonderful day on electronics.  I won't say what I remember about them because I made a mistake:
I'd tested these at 30 using a bolt-action rifle that got quite good accuracy with both, but I decided, because it has a scope, to use a different rifle at longer ranges.  I'd forgotten that that rifle tends to be pretty picky about what it shoots well, so the not-stellar groups I cannot say came from the ammo.  If I can get more of each I'll shoot them again with the same rifle.  Same with the Ammo Incorporated in case my results that day were due to me.

No comments: