Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Over at Wirecutter's I was scrolling down(again) and hit the memorial

to CharlieGodammit.  It's been less than a year since Security Staff died, and I still catch myself looking to see if he's peeking around the garage corner when I pull into the driveway.  The other day I was doing some grocery shopping and started down the aisle to get some of his favorite canned to add to his dry food.

It's going to be a long time to stop doing those things.  Same as it was when the former Security Staff(Sr.) died, except then he was around, and that helped a lot.  Dammit.

1 comment:

Jeff in Ky said...

I feel your pain. It’s been less than a month since I lost my best buddy and I still catch myself talking to her. I never knew that their passing could leave such a big hole in your heart.