Sunday, March 06, 2022

Yesterday I had the chance to shoot a S&W Shield Plus

with a red dot sight.  If you haven't seen one, without sight looks like this*
This version comes with the slide already cut for an optic, the one I fired had a Crimson Trace on it.  I was only able to fire a few rounds through it, but I'm sold.  It has a double-stack magazine, so the grip is more rounded than the earlier Shield, which fits my hand nicely.  Flat trigger which broke very cleanly.  And, especially with older eyes, that electronic sight works very well. 

Yeah, I want one.  Won't have it unless sell something/s first, but it would be a really nice carry piece.



*Picture found at TTAG

4 comments:

Matthew W said...

3.1" barrel.
Just a little smaller than I would prefer. I've got large hands and that shorter barrel puts my thumb too close to the muzzle end !!
My 380 EZ has 3.6"
Not sure I would like that trigger either.
Local store had a deal on the 9mm EZ and I was tempted with that !!

Firehand said...

Personal taste.

The EZ is a good pistol. I just really liked the grip shape of the Plus, and that trigger.

Duggas said...

Had the Shield EZ 9mm but now carry a Glock 43x MOS with Swampfox optic. Comes with 10rd polymer mags but 15rd steel mags are available and make it, for me, the perfect carry piece.

Tsgt Joe said...

Have 2 SHIELDS, the first came with a green laser and a gritty trigger. The second is from their performance center, it has a fiber optic front sight and a slightly better trigger. My big issue, however, is that the grip feels like I’m grabbing a 1” X 2” . If I didnt have so much invested in the 2 guns, 20 spare mags and holsters, I’d go get one. As to the 20 mags, I have at least 6 and preferably 10 spare mags for each semi auto firearm that I own.