Thursday, February 24, 2022

We got a bunch of sleet mostly,

which is fine: it slicks up the roads, but it's better than freezing rain.  Among other things, you can shovel slabs and chunks of it off the driveway and walk.

My biggest problem being that once I start, I want to get it ALL, and with the back and such I have to watch that.  I also have to remind myself to drink a lot, as the air is dry outside and in.  The Weather Service says 88% outside, but it sure feels dryer.

I made a pot of chili the other day, and some of that and a corn muffin are on the menu for lunch.  Daughter loves to cook and experiment, and figured out how to take frozen cookies and corn muffins or cornbread muffins and use the right heat & time to bake them from frozen.  It works nicely, and means you can have some in the freezer for when you want one or two.

Preparations for lunch have begun, and sound really good right now.

2 comments:

Robert Orians said...

Maybe she could share that muffin/cookie process sometime . It would be good to know . I fixed half a box of corn meal muffin mix tonight for my pot of Great Northerns and ham .

Firehand said...

I'll check on some of the stuff. I know that corn muffins and cookies, you make the dough into the size ball, or cut the muffins, you'd normally bake, put them on a sheet on non-stick foil, and freeze till they won't stick together, them put them in a bag and get out all the air you can. The muffins are 25-30 minutes at 350, chocolate chip cookies are 325 at 15 minutes if I remember right.