Thursday, February 21, 2019

Ah, Benchmade, and I really wanted one of your knives

The Oregon City PD posted this:
You can guess how well that went over.

Then came this:
No, that doesn't seem to be helping.  Among other comments being "You bastards can't afford an angle grinder to do it yourself?"

Yes, a bad couple of days for Benchmade, and the PD isn't real happy either





And then someone did some digging and found that Benchmade has largely- maybe only- given money to Democrats.  Which, in Oregon, pretty much means 'People who want to ban guns.  And then go after knives, because they want to be like Britain.

Yeah, this is going to end well for Benchmade.

6 comments:

mbumgua said...

Now we know where not to buy knives!!

thinkingman said...

Thank you for posting- just got back from the Benchmade website- used their "contact us" form to drop them a brief, civil, but pointedly sharply worded ( sharply worded! To a knife company! LOL! )note expressing my own displeasure on them having been made into a "tool" ( double meaning intended )for "Law Enforcement". I promised I would not suffer this displeasure alone.

Changed mind said...

Also notified Benchmade I will be patronizing a sharper business. Since I had been considering one of their knives it is out of the running.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I own seven Benchmade knives but had no idea of their political leanings until now. That is truly sad. Only a couple of them are NIB, the others were purchased used, so I guess there is that.

Thank you for letting us know, no need to aid an enemy of us.

Firehand said...

Dad has a couple of Benchmade he's had for years, and really likes; and I had my eye on one at a shop.

And now this.

Critter said...

I dropped them a line. I don't think they'll like it.