Friday, November 05, 2010

There's enough crap to do, I'm wondering how

I did all this crap when I was working full-time? Or did I?

In any case, after a while of cursing and threateningworking on it, I got the tiller running well enough to work in the load of manure I got the other day. Between that, some more I'll get later and the compost heaps the dirt ought to be in pretty good shape for the garden next year. Add into that packing a box and getting to the Post Office, picking up and delivering a table for daughter, doing laundry and something I can't remember right now- just remembered, turning a piece down in the lathe, how did I get this all done before? Damn.

Also, just how many levels of effing stupidity and bad trainingfail can you pick out in this?
According to the police report, Glickauf went to First Presbyterian Church of Valparaiso, 3401 Valparaiso St., to pick up his 5-year-old son from school. He was in his vehicle in the parking lot just before 2:30 p.m. when he decided not to alarm any other parents by walking in with his firearm on his hip. He also did not want to leave a loaded gun unattended in the vehicle.

He ejected the magazine from the gun, ejected the round from the chamber, and reinserted the ejected round back into the magazine, he told police. He then attempted to put the magazine back in the gun but it didn't fit right. Not being familiar with the Smith & Wesson Springfield .40-caliber handgun, although he said it was his personal gun that he also uses for work, "he thought if he pulled the trigger the magazine would seat properly," Glickauf told police.

Instead, the gun fired and the bullet went into his upper left thigh.
Well, Number One, you only THOUGHT you cleared the chamber.

Dumbass.

No comments: