Friday, March 13, 2009

Sigivald thought a comment had not gone through,

but it may just have been the moderation delay. A few days ago some moron started posting garbage in comments, so I enabled moderation to stop it. Hopefully can take it back off in a while.

Sigivald had a couple of things to say, one of them
Firstly, I think your interpretation is a bit flawed; an '03 or Krag is a bolt-action and thus not affected by a "semi-automatic rifle" regulation of any sort, stupid as these proposed bans are. Likewise, the "detachable magazine outside the pistol grip" referred in the previous AWB to the location of the magazine, not its length - and I see no reason why the language presented would apply to long magazines and their extension rather than location.

I'm basing the '03 and such on "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes,"; give an AG like Holder the ability to add something to a ban at will and that line spells "Ban it all!" to me. Same for the magazine 'outside the pistol grip' line; it meant one thing in the original AWB, but if they did try to shove a new through, I have no doubt that would be used to ban any semi-auto handgun that has every had a extended mag made to fit. For that matter, the extreme gun bigots would argue that since the magazine of any pistol could be extended...

You may be right that I'm misinterpreting those parts, but I don't trust them. At all.

1 comment:

tom said...

I bought a minty 42 Garand and a STG-556 New In Box today just to be contrary. One can never have too many Garands, can they??? and I wanted one of the STGs with longer barrel and forward assist and in black to go with my green one.

They can ban them but they can't take them from me whilst I'm still alive.