Monday, March 21, 2005

And so it begins.

The first day of spring? The first tornado watch of the year. Oh, joy.

I had thought about going to the rifle range today, but when I got off work, it was wet and looking like more rain. Now it's clear, windy and getting warm; just right for the sun to heat things up and destabilize the atmosphere(yes, I can use big words).

So a large part of the state is under a watch until sometime tonight. I'd better make sure things are put away/tied down outside.

Last year a lady lived across the street who was originally from New York, and scared blue of the very thought of tornados. So of course, one day in particular, a fairly strong cell moved right over the area. Several of us were standing in the street watching the clouds in the direction where the local weather 'experts' had seen circulation: nothing. Then I got that funny feeling and turned around and "Oh, THERE you are!". Everybody looked, and Candy asked what she was looking at. I said, "See those clouds moving in from that direction?" "Yes". "See THOSE clouds moving from the other direction?" "Yes". "See how they're moving toward one spot? That's not good". Let's just say she was not happy.

Oh, well. I'm out to make sure stuff is secured, just in case God's vacuum cleaner decides to show up.

No comments: