Monday, August 31, 2026

I could not get that pot clean, and then I remembered

those green scrub pads I bought for seriously badly fouled shotgun barrels are actually sold for cleaning pots and pans.

And damn, it worked!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't keep them under the sink? Where do you clean your guns? That's what kitchen tables are for.

Phelps said...

Yeah, I love having stainless steel cookware because no matter how badly I burn something into it, between green scrubbies and barkeepers friend I can literally just sand the whatever off.

Have to be a little more careful with the cast iron and carbon steel.

CT Ginger said...

I keep a few sheets of 200 grit sand paper in the junk drawer as a last resort on pots and pans. A light touch is recommended but it always works.

tsquared said...

Nope! Squeezed lemon wedges will will clean almost anything.

slow joe crow said...

I use 220 grit in a,random orbital sander when I need to re-season a cast iron skillet

Firehand said...

Lemon wedges? Had not heard of using them.