Monday, August 31, 2026

Just as a general thing I've never understood

treating nurses badly in general; being a doctor and pissing off- and on- people who both help keep patients alive and keep you from killing one of them through being a very educated dumbass, well, aren't you special?
Oldest friend I have, his mom was a nurse, a very good one, and I remember someone saying something along the lines of "No doctor gives her any crap."  Knew a nurse who had long experience in dealing with pregnancy cases who had the time on the job and the record to tell a doctor to go to hell when needed, and make it stick.  Pissing them off without DAMN good reason would've been stupid on multiple points, but from what I've heard it still happens, especially with newer docs.

Lady used to know worked at a hospital and said it was referred to as 'Toxic Doctor Syndrome', and apparently they'd cracked down on it a lot over time, which was good to know.

No comments: