"I've got a problem with this, I just bought it at the gun show, it's fired a couple of times but mostly you can work the action and it won't."
Look it over, AR15 type, on the inside of the dust cover it has '300 AAC' printed. And no, he didn't know how to lock the bolt open. Did that, looked it over, ".300 Blackout?"
"Yes." Hands me a magazine with some .223 in it. Part of me freezes up, then "There's the problem, these are .223."
"I was told you could use these in it?"
"NO, you cannot." Discussion follows, including getting a round of .300 and showing him the differences, followed by "If you get one of these to fire it won't hit anything you aim at, but at least no damage. If this was a .223, and you managed to chamber a .300 round in it, it would blow the gun up."
"Oh." Pause. Little more discussion, then off he went to get some suitable ammo, being given a strong warning to "Take all this .223 ammo and put it separate, do NOT let them get mixed together. Ever."
No, I didn't think to ask what idiot told him he could switch between ammo.
Lord, this stuff does surprise you at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment