Saturday, December 30, 2023

No, I will not be out celebrating tomorrow night

I plan to be home before the legions of drunks, druggies and stupid are on the road.

Last time I went out for New Years went to a place not far from the house that was having live music  and said would have some Irish dancing.  I got there, managed to park, and made entry.  This involved a sort of Brownian motion to move around.  No place to sit, so damned loud(not including the current band) you couldn't talk to anyone, and if you ordered a drink you could count on it taking a minimum of 15 minutes for the waitress to get back.  If you were lucky.  

Because there were some people I wanted to see, I held out for about a half hour, and then got the hell out.  Haven't been out for New Year's since.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my last NY Eve “out” about 24(?) years ago. Waste of time and just annoying as hell.
Beers only $38 a six pack! What a deal. 🙄🙄

SL said...

Last time we went out on NYE was 1994. 🤷‍♂️

pigpen51 said...

The last time I went out for NYE was in the early 90's, while I was playing music for a part of my living. And my band had a rule that we would not drink while playing, due to both the fact that we were all in our 30's with kids and that we were trying to show professionalism, which ultimately led to our making more money than other area groups.
This year, I had one drink of whiskey, and that was the extent of my celebration. I did chase the drink with a bottle of Mountain Dew, with no calories. I live life on the edge.