Monday, September 11, 2023

In that ongoing experiment with subsonics

in 7.62x39 using those Berry's plated bullets, yesterday fired a few more with 12.8 grains of CFEBLK with good results, and then a few with 12.9.

Please note Standard Disclaimer.*

The 12.8 shoots well, but tends to leave the cases dirty as if the pressure isn't enough to expand them enough to seal well, so tried the 12.9.  Definite improvement on that and nice, tight group.  I have got to put these things over the Chrony and find out just how fast they're moving.  The primers look normal, so pressure seems on safe levels.


*These are loads I worked up.  Some was from data on different bullets, some was figured on my own.  They worked for me, I can't guarantee they will for you.  So use with caution, if you do.

No comments: