Monday, August 21, 2023

A few years ago I posted an electrolyte mix recipe,

it had worked really well for me.  Just remembered it last night and dug up the mix:
2 quarts water
6 tablespoons honey powder (you can use honey, but honey powder is a bit easier to mix)
2 teaspoons Himalayan pink sea salt
2/3 cup lemon juice (if you prefer another citrus juice, you can use it instead)
1/2 teaspoon orange extract (for flavor; without it, the taste is fairly blah)

That's the original.  Over time I changed a couple of things:
The sea salt has some other minerals in, I'm told, but plain salt seems to work.  And you can do something else: use half salt, and half Morton Lite Salt, which is half potassium.  
I'm only using 3 tablespoons of honey, seems to be plenty.
Can also use orange juice or lime juice, big factor is some type of citrus.


4 comments:

clayusmcret said...

Thanks! I'll have to give this a try.

slow joe crow said...

The Lite Salt may make it more effective, potassium helps clear lactic acid to prevent cramping.

Anonymous said...

Carbonated beverage does too.

Windy Wilson said...

Thanks, Firehand!
And slow joe crow, thank you, too. I've hand some half 'n' half Sodium Chloride and Potassium Chloride salt I've been wondering what to do with.