Wednesday, November 09, 2022

While unable to do much of anything,

I had the chance to watch some movies and such I hadn't seen.  A few of them:

That last Bond movie, No Time to Die.  Should have been at least a half-hour shorter.  Eh, ok.

The one before that(I think), Skyfall.  Same.

Quantum of Solace.  Same.

All had the same crap: too many fancy chase scenes, vehicle and foot, too much tech crap("Yes, M  must have a full communications suite in her bathroom!), and so forth.  They seemed to be getting desperate by the end.


Since the folks I was staying with have some streaming, did get to see Terminal List.  Short version: SEAL team betrayed, all but commander wind up dead, then someone kills his family and tries to kill him.  Gets the level of pissed you'd expect and starts digging into who and why.  It was pretty good, it's a fine example of 'find bad guys and make sure something happens to them.

There were some others, as I remember them I'll throw something up about them.  Note: dogs make very good company in such circumstances.

4 comments:

Justin_O_Guy said...

SEAL team betrayed, all but commander wind up dead, then someone kills his family and tries to kill him. Gets the level of pissed you'd expect and starts digging into who and why.

Sounds good, kinda like a Bronson movie, maybe a bit of John Wick.
John really frustrated me in the first two. He should have been picking up weapons. In the third one, they fixed that. And I was really surprised by how many dead bad guys were carrying magazines that just slapped right into his gun.

Dogs are good company very often, aren't they?

Fred Horn said...

There is a series on hbo max called fire country that isn't too bad. Only 4 episodes so far. Wife and I, mostly I, watched Southland all the way thru. Glad they didn't make another season of that one.

pigpen51 said...

I took my wife today to her appt. to see her knee surgeon. She is having her second one done as soon as they can get her scheduled. The last one went pretty well. But she worked her PT extra hard, which I think makes a pretty big difference.
That is why you see professional athletes come back from serious injuries so quickly. They not only have the best of all treatment methods available. but they also have the time and the motivation to do the rehab as hard and as often as possible.
I do know that my wife has a very high pain tolerance. After living with chronic pain for a very long time, I know that my pain tolerance has become less and less over time. I get chronic migraines, and broke my back at the age of 20, which is not causing me problems, after a lifetime of manual labor.
In any event, have a great rest of the week, and stay safe.

markm said...

I can't remember any James Bond movie I liked since they replaced Sean Connery.