Friday, January 14, 2022

A shooting experiment

The .310 Cadet has been discussed here before, and the last- for now- experiment has been tried.  X-Treme makes a 7.62 123-grain bullet, intended for SKS and such, and I saw mention of someone trying it in the Cadet.

I had some, and tried them at 30 yards at the indoor range.  Not bad, so yesterday finally had the chance to try some at 100, over 4.0 grains Unique.  Considering conditions, not bad, I'd like to try this again, when I have more of the bullets.  I haven't slugged the bore on the rifle in question so I don't know the groove diameter, apparently tight enough for a .311 bullet to work.

Berry's Bullets makes a similar bullet(also sold out), but the thicker plating that would be good in other rifles would probably not work well here.  So, someday, I'll get some more and see how it goes.

No comments: