Friday, March 12, 2021

Well, it's misty and rainy outside(as noted in the Experiment), though the temperature's good),

and between work, weather, and family situation I won't be hitting the outdoor range for a bit unless things go well, and I just can't think of anything to write about right now.  I've covered a lot of smithing stuff over the years, lots of shooting stuff(which I learned a lot of things thanks to commenters), so intermittent stuff here for a bit.

The ammo situation you probably know about.  One thing from the range:
Manager was asked about .270.  Said "We've got one box, it's(whatever) dollars."
"You're marking it up too much!  I'll wait till near hunting season when prices go down."
I think he did restrain himself from laughing at the guy and his companion who also bitched about the price.  And apparently still have no idea of why the situation is what it is.

I can honestly say the place has held prices to the same profit margin we had before; the prices are higher on most things because they cost us more to get.  Wait 'till they try buying some at the places that've been charging $50 for a box of 9mm, and $75 for a box of .270 or .30-30.

And now it's late, I'm tired, and I've got a movie to watch part of.  More later.

No comments: