Friday, October 23, 2020

It's nice when a dirtbag like Stelter gets called out

Stelter responded by telling Ferrechio "we don't know what is real and what is fake in these emails," despite the fact that the Biden campaign has not claimed any of the emails or documents found on Hunter Biden's laptop are fake.

"Yeah, but that doesn't stop anybody reporting the Mueller and the dossier and all that stuff," Ferrichio responded.

"I understand that you have a lot of resentment --" Stelter began.

"'Oh, now we have ethics,'" Ferrechio mocked the CNN host. "'Okay, now we have ethics.'"

"How dare- don't you dare!" Stelter shouted at her. "Don't you dare act like newsrooms didn't have ethics in 2017 and 2018."

"Oh, I know they didn't. You can 'Don't you dare' me all you want, Brian. I've been doing this for 30 years," Ferrechio fired back. "Say whatever you want. It's my view and I have the right to say it."

Damn right.
This from further on:
Axios media reporter Sara Fischer defended the media's hesitancy to follow up on the Post report for fear they would be playing into a potential "disinformation effort" to interfere in the election. Fischer went on to urge Ferrechio to "see the forest through the trees."

"Yeah, but nobody looked for the forest through the trees with the president," Ferrechio told Fischer. "I mean, it's always one-sided. Now it's time to look at the forest -- all I'm saying is let's do it universally, okay? I didn't discard the Mueller stuff. I was much more skeptical because I knew the sourcing and I knew where it came from on Capitol Hill, where I have stood in the building for the past few decades. I had real reason to doubt that stuff and I constantly did. And it turned out that a lot of it was a bunch of bunk.

"So we have to use that skepticism," she concluded. "We have to. Even now with the Biden stuff, let's use skepticism but don't ignore it!"

Except ignoring it is what most of our Professional Journalists are working hard at; it's so much easier, and better for their candidate, than actually doing their damned job.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmn, the link say's "Access Denied"
tallow pot

Firehand said...

Just tried it, works from here. Probably some glitch.

Anonymous said...

Copied and pasted in a new window worked for me.
tallow pot

Larry said...

"Don't you dare act like newsrooms didn't have ethics in 2017 and 2018."

In other words, he's openly admitting they don't have ethics now.

Jason Tyler said...

The "Access Denied" is pretty common when you're trying to follow a link form a blog to Fox News especially if you're running and ad blocker. Just cut and paste the url in another tab or open it in an incognito window and you're usually good to go. As for Stelter, he's a douchebag, always has been.