Friday, March 02, 2018

Short range report,

because I feel fairly awful.

Shot two groups using the Lee 405-grain hollowbase bullet over 26.0 grains of A5744 powder.  No wad between powder and bullet, two five-shot groups.  Target one,




Target two
Let's say I'm very happy with these.  Recoil is mild, and this kind of accuracy is great.  I'm going to make up some more of these.

Second, here's the 1917 I was able to fire
I suspect the owner did a bit of polishing on the trigger, as the second stage was light and clean.  Between the sights, trigger, and it being so comfortable to fire with M2 ball, it was a real pleasure to shoot.


And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to do some dishes while I can still move.

2 comments:

Glen Filthie said...

What kind of velocities are you getting with that, Forehand?

Firehand said...

With the Lee plain-base bullet of the same weight, average 1396fps. I'm assuming about the same with these; need to get the Chrony set up the next time.