Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wasn't only working this weekend...

Was able to make a fun show, and something followed me home:
Springfield M1922 M2 training rifle.  1903 Springfield rebarreled to .22, bolt suitably modified, receiver modified to feed from a 5-round magazine, and match sights fitted(the sling I added).

I've wanted one of these for a long time, all the circumstances finally came together.  Gave it a short tryout Tuesday(it was COLD on the range), and let's say I'm really looking forward to getting it to a longer range in better light*(and a more solid rest to eliminate some of my error)

A bit more info on these here.




*Those match sights are one reason want an outdoor range: better light for my eyes to line things up with.

2 comments:

The Englishman said...

Lucky you - I have a Lee Metford that was tubed down to .22 pre WW1 when Englishmen were encouraged to have a rifle over the fireplace and miniature rifle ranges were common in pubs. http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/archives/001657.html

Firehand said...

Very nice!

I've fired a #1MKIII trainer, lovely shooter