Sunday, August 22, 2010

It should be noted that Brad Pitt is even more of a jackass than I'd thought

Which is going some.
Asked about the people responsible for the crisis, the ‘Inglourious Basterds’ star said: ‘I was never for the death penalty before – I am willing to look at it again.’
And what horrendous thing led him to this?
Brad Pitt has waded into the Gulf oil spill controversy with an extraordinary veiled attack on BP.

The Hollywood actor said he would consider the death penalty for those to blame for the ruptured well that gushed millions of gallons of oil into the ocean.
First, that's not exacly veiled; second, the man is a freaking loon; no wonder he fits into Hollyweird so well.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I'm on pretty shaky ground, but, my understanding was the BP guy on board, had pushed the contractors to use an in-adequate and non standard plugging procedure for the well - against their judgement and experience.

I also gather (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the "Mud Loggers" had asked BP to get them off the rig, as they didn't want to get killed by that fool. BP had refused, so the Mud Logger's own employer had sent a helicopter to get them off.

I guess that there is probably grounds for a manslaughter investigation. But, yes, death penalty for the spill - that is a bit loony.