Tuesday, June 03, 2008

If the son ever again comes back on leave talking about

'working on his truck', I think I'll take some leave. Somewhere else. After two days of work, various scrapes and cuts and assorted frustrations, I'm worn out.

But it's all done now, and he'll soon be off to see the wife. Who's probably wishing he'd left the damn truck as was instead of putting on the fancies. Ah, well, he'll be there soon.

I wrote once that I go through those moments where the two images are overlaid: in this case, the troop back from the war zone and the kid working on his ride. Kind of odd to think of both at once, but there they are. Let me add 'the married troop' to the first.

I've got a carport and that's about the only thing that made some of this work doable for me, as I don't handle heat as well as I once did, and it turned hot and windy. Kind of weather that dries you out.

So I've got some news and stuff to catch up on, back later.

No comments: