Tuesday, November 06, 2007

There's supposed to be a hard freeze tonight

so I just picked some stuff and spread a couple of tarps over part of the garden. Predicted low is 30, with it warming up fairly rapidly after sunrise and then no freezing temps for a few days. So, hopefully, the tarps will protect what's covered and keep those plants going. It's worked before.

To give you an idea of how things have been producing, these are the habaneros I picked today and yesterday, with a few jalapenos thrown in



















I'm told the best way to keep them long-term is to seed, slice them up and freeze them, so in the next couple of days I'll do that to most of these. Using the vacuum-sealer should help.

The tomatoes, I'm told, if placed in a paper bag and kept in a cool place will slowly ripen, so I'll give it a try.

No comments: