Sunday, October 16, 2005

General commentary

The weather's been about as fine as you could wish for the last couple of weeks. I haven't had to use the a/c for about a month now(few days I should have, but...), and I can sleep with the windows open and a fan going. Now if I can get the dogs to understand they don't need to bark at 2a.m. unless it's acually worth it...

Steve's blogging about cooking again, and pan con lechon sounds good enough to go out and shoot a hog for. Happily, they have already deceased hogs at the store, so, I need to go shopping.

Speaking of Steve, damn, I wish I could write like him.

Chris Muir ought to be syndicated. If the major papers weren't a bunch of liberal bedwetters(to borrow a phrase), he probably would be. If you've not seen him before, check him out. And I know Sam is a cartoon, but damn!

I need more ammo. In various calibers. And more time to go to the range. And hunt. And sleep.

I hope I can get out during deer season. I have the urge to be terminally rude to Bambi.

Every time Ted Kennedy opens his mouth lately, I remember somebody saying "A drink of cold water and an original thought would kill him".

According to my son, Ford Rangers in Europe have a turbo-diesel engine option that runs clean and gets about 30 mpg and has more horsepower and torque than the gas engines. I wish they'd sell the damn thing here.

Ever noticed how cleaning patches evaporate when you open the bag?

I need a fireplace just to burn all the junk mail and applications that have my name on them.

No comments: